Maladministration is a political term which describes the actions of a government body which can be seen as causing an injustice.
The law in the United Kingdom says Ombudsman must investigate ‘maladministration’. The definition of maladministration is wide and can include:
- Incorrect action or failure to take any action
- Failure to follow procedures or the law
- Failure to provide information
- Inadequate record-keeping
- Failure to investigate
- Failure to reply
- Misleading or inaccurate statements
- Inadequate liaison
- Inadequate consultation
- Broken promises
- ADRnow - 'What is maladministration?'